- Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist, MFC 50882, Board of Behavior Sciences
- Masters in Counseling Psychology from The California Institute of Integral Studies, San Francisco
- Post Graduate Education in Psychology at the Holos Institute of San Francisco
- Graduate training in Gestalt Therapy from the Integral Counseling Center , San Francisco
- Bachelors in Psychology from The University of Texas at Austin
- Current member of the California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists, CAMFT Member ID 87621
To schedule an initial appointment, you may contact me by telephone. If you need to cancel or reschedule an appointment, you are required to provide 48 hours advance notice. Otherwise, you will be charged for the full session.
Legal and ethical responsibilities require that private sessions remain confidential. Therefore, no information will be released to another professional or agency without your written consent. Exceptions will be made only if you endanger, or may endanger, yourself or others, and/or in the case of child abuse or elder abuse. In these cases the law requires your therapist to share certain information with specific outside parties.
Length of Sessions
Sessions are 50 minutes in length.
We will disclose the psychotherapy fee during our first contact, before you make your initial counseling appointment. Cash or check is accepted for payment.
Insurance will often cover at least part of the cost of certain psychotherapeutic modalities. If you wish to file an insurance claim with your health insurance provider, your therapist will issue a bill that includes all the necessary information to assist you in filing your claim. Remember, in most cases, insurance companies will insist that you have a diagnosable condition in order to receive reimbursement.
I am available by telephone should a situation arise that cannot wait until your next scheduled appointment. In such cases, please leave a message on voice mail indicating the nature of the situation. I will return client calls as soon as possible for such urgent issues. If you are experiencing an emergency and need immediate assistance, please call 911.